This week’s Jonbot Vs Martha was a MASSIVE ARTIST JAM, with no less than five stellar artists taking part. They are:
- Dave Stokes: Blackfriars creator, artist extraordinaire, all round nice guy - I highly recommend you all buy his mega-awesome sketchbook.
- George Marston - Newsarama reviewerer and artist supreme - the wonders of his pencil can be seen at his Deviantart page here.
- Ramon Villalobos - Vitruvian Underground co-creator and artistic legend. Here’s more of his frankly amazing stuff here.
- "Inimitable" Iain Laurie - co-creator of Roachwell, the sublime Mothwicke, and artistic powerhouse behind the superpower freakout All The Dead Superheroes.
- Michael Walsh - Murder Book contributor, creator of far too many awesome images doing the rounds on Tumblr (and his own site) and soon to be seen knocking it out the park on The Brothers James with Ryan Ferrier.
Legends and gentleman all.
What makes it more impressive was that beyond the characters involved, they were all given carte blanche to draw whatever they wanted; and I, safe in the knowledge that it was going to be a dream sequence and therefore didn’t necessarily have to make sense, would then fashion a strip out of it. And it totally worked.
It was full-on Stan Lee Marvel Style circa ‘66. But did Stan have to decide what order the panels went in? I don’t think so.
Colin Bell > Stan Lee
Anyway, enough self-aggrandizing. Neil returns next week better than ever. See you there!